Sunday, February 22, 2009

Look & Feel

I admit it, I change the look and feel of my blog like my iPod shuffles songs. I actually have several blogs scattered around [suddenly! everywhere! thousands of them!].

I don't know why I like Blogger, but I do. I guess the people / person that will actually read my stuff are on here. And maybe because this is the blog that's linked to Facebook notes. Actually, I forgot about that, even after writing the last post, until Katy threw me a wall post about it. Maybe it's because Blogger's templates are so much more like Notepad to me--just the words, no images and few colors to mess with. "JUST FRIGGIN' WRITE," it seems to say.

Wordpress, on the other hand...I like the look & feel of Wordpress. For one, it's got banners you can customize. Like this one I started recently. Yes, I took that picture. It's of the windmills in Mykonos, Greece, from this past summer study abroad. Because I remember I was listening to Man of la Mancha, and the whole "Impossible Dream" song is my favorite, and they're windmills. And it looked cool with the sun & sea behind them, but that part's kind of cropped out of the header. But also Wordpress has the different numbers of columns, different alignments, different fonts, different but set colors...Wordpress has the variety for when my feelings on the way it looks want to shuffle. Wordpress, I suppose, I would use like notebooks for engineering projects--each writing project gets a different feeling, gets a different blog look.

That and I tried to ink-blog. Found out that a) Windows Live Writer still kind of sucks for long posts (which I LOVE to do), and b) the only other way is pictures, but all free-hosting sites make the ink look crappy. So that's going to be on the burner until I can figure out a cleaner / better way to present ink online.

This particular blog, I suppose, is just for me rambling or when I want to talk to people.

2 comments:

John said...

*adds wordpress to bookmarks*

Seriously, though, glad you're writing =). Looking forward to reading more.

Fernleaf said...

Yeah I tried Wordpress once, and the sheer AMOUNT of options was thrilling, but it rather distracted me from actually getting anything written down. Nice to see some activity here though :)